Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Organic Life Style: Small Steps in the Right Direction






I'm not going to say that eating organically is easy. So I'm taking it day by day, one change at a time. Just finding stores that offer organic options is a huge challenge. In culinary school the most important lesson I learned was to make delicious food that not only is healthy for you but also makes your taste buds jump for joy. 

The first thing I look for when I'm at the grocery store is the USDA seal. 



This seal is very important because to get the organic USDA seal is not easy to do. It means any food product that has the seal has to be regularly inspected. My purchasing class taught me to pay extra attention to labels, say like, if a box says "Natural" that doesn't necessarily mean it's good for you. Just putting the word natural on a box doesn't mean they get inspected regularly like the USDA seal.  Also be careful if you see the word "organic" without the seal, most likely that means there is only a percentage of organic ingredients in the product.  

So far my goal is if it is meat/milk/eggs it has to be organically grown, cage free, hormone free and USDA seal approved.
And believe you me that is a big goal to keep. Now don't get me wrong I still have fast food every now and then but thankfully I am passionate about feeding my body with as much raw foods as I can and living a much more healthier and happier life.

Peace guys.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO awesome Heather! I'll be following and looking for more post, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete